LiveAuctioneers Terms and Conditions of UseLast updated: May 12, 2021
2. Definitions“Auction House” means a seller or dealer of collectibles, antiques, jewelry, fine art, or other Property that has registered with LiveAuctioneers to conduct Live Auctions through the Site.“Buyer” means the person, authorized agent, or entity (including you) that successfully bids for Property that the Company offers for sale at a Live Auction conducted on the LiveAuctioneers Site.“LiveAuctioneers Marks” means the LiveAuctioneers' domain names, trademarks, logos, and other branding elements used in furtherance of the LiveAuctioneers Services and/or in the performance of this Agreement.“LiveAuctioneers Services” or “Services” means the online internet website platform provided by LiveAuctioneers that allows prospective purchasers the ability to access Auction Houses’ listings for the sale of Property and to bid for such Property through one or more Live Auctions conducted by an Auction House on the LiveAuctioneers Site.“LiveAuctioneers Site” or “Site” means the online venue through which prospective purchasers of Property vie and bid on Property listed by Auction Houses.“Live Auction” means an auction wherein LiveAuctioneers' registered users can bid either through absentee bids or real-time bids through the internet using LiveAuctioneers' technology on Property being auctioned on the floor of an Auction House or in another such live event.“Live.Payments” means the payment services LiveAuctioneers provides to Auction Houses and Buyers to coordinate and facilitate a Buyer’s purchase of Property from the Company in connection with a Live Auction. Access the Live.Payments Terms & Conditions here.“Property” means the goods and/or services that Auction Houses list for sale through the LiveAuctioneers Site.
4. Live Auction EligibilityEach Auction House that conducts a Live Auction has separate eligibility requirements that must be met for you to participate in that auction. You may be required to apply for and obtain approval from an Auction House or LiveAuctioneers to participate in a specific Live Auction. Approval to participate in one Live Auction does not guarantee approval to participate in any other Live Auction, conducted either by that Auction House, or another Auction House. Each Auction House has sole and absolute discretion to refuse to approve your eligibility for any live auction.
5. Auction House RequirementsThe Auction House will list available items on which you may bid. Auction dates and times, as well as the number, character, and order and schedule of the items to be auctioned, are set by the Auction House and are subject to change without notice. Individual lots and items may be modified or changed at any time. Some lots and items that are made available on the auction floor will not be included in the online live auction services. We do not control the information that is provided by the Auction House, which is made available through our system. We also do not guarantee that the Auction House maintains proper auctioneers' licenses or complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. The terms and conditions for participation in each auction, including how bids are accepted, rules governing absentee bids, bid increments, bid retraction and cancellation, the conditions the buyer must meet to purchase an item, as well as the specific conditions of sale (such as warranties, shipping costs, insurance, and the like) may change for each auction at the sole discretion of the Auction House. The Auction House is required to post its terms and conditions and to maintain such terms throughout the auction period. You agree to be bound by those bidding terms and conditions of sale by agreeing to the Terms. The Terms, in addition to those Auction House terms and conditions, governs your bidding activity, as well as your participation in each auction. The Auction House acts as an auctioneer and makes the sole, final determination concerning bidding on the item, the sale of the item, and the resolution of any disputes. All matters relating to a refund or return of won items are also determined by the outlined terms and conditions of the Auction House.
7. Compliance with LawsYou acknowledge and agree that the use, purchase, distribution, promotion, advertising, and sale of certain products are subject to federal state, and local regulations, including, but not limited to, firearms, Indian artifacts, recalled products, children's products, alcoholic beverages, coins, and currency. You further acknowledge and agree that LiveAuctioneers' role concerning the sale of products is limited to providing a conduit through which a prospective purchaser can participate in an auction. LiveAuctioneers does not review or evaluate the products auctioned, or verify the descriptions given or claims made, by Auction Houses regarding the products. You expressly represent that you shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations relating to your use, purchase, and distribution of any products that you bid upon or purchase through LiveAuctioneers (hereinafter, the "Regulations"), including, but not limited to, (i) the Gun Control Act of 1968 and all regulations promulgated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (collectively, the "Firearms Regulations"), (ii) the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act of 2008 and all regulations promulgated by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission, and (iii) the Indian Arts & Crafts Act of 1990 and any additional laws and regulations applicable to the sale of Indian arts and crafts. You shall at all times defend, indemnify and hold harmless LiveAuctioneers, its shareholders, members, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint venturers, and successors and assigns, from, and against, all causes of action, suits, claims, demands, judgments, liabilities, losses, damages, awards, penalties, fines, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney's fees) of any nature or kind, arising under or resulting from: (i) your use, purchase, or distribution of any products in violation of any Regulations; (ii) your use of LiveAuctioneers in connection with the purchase of any products subject to any Regulations; and (iii) your alleged or actual violation or breach of any Regulations.
8. Using the Site and the Services
- While using LiveAuctioneers, you shall not: (a) violate any laws, rules, regulations or third party rights; (b) use our sites or services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from our sites; (c) fail to deliver payment on any item that you purchased through our sites; (d) manipulate the price of any item or interfere with other user's listings; (e) post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information); (f) distribute or post spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes; (g) distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm LiveAuctioneers, our sites, or the interests or property of LiveAuctioneers' users; (h) copy, modify, or distribute content from our sites and/or violate LiveAuctioneers' copyrights and trademarks; or (i) harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including, without limitation, email addresses, without their consent. Nor shall you encourage or assist any third party to engage in any of the prohibited conduct set forth above. Any violation of this provision shall constitute a material breach of the Terms and, under such circumstances, we will have the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to prohibit your access to our sites and to suspend or terminate your right to use our services.
- LiveAuctioneers will work to keep our sites and services working properly and safely. Please report problems, offensive content, and any policy violations to us. Without limiting our remedies, it is understood that we may limit, suspend, or terminate our services and user accounts, prohibit access to our sites, delay or remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off our sites if we believe that they are misusing, abusing, or interfering with the provision of our services, engaging in unlawful conduct, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time.
- The sites contain robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on the sites is updated on a real-time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to LiveAuctioneers by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the sites for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (a) take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (b) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, or publicly display any content (except for your information) from the sites without the prior, express written consent of LiveAuctioneers and the appropriate third party, as applicable; (c) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our sites or any activities conducted on the sites; or (d) bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the sites.
9. Fees & Payments
- Auction House Fees. When you purchase Property from an Auction House during a Live Auction, you agree that, in addition to being bound by the terms of this Agreement, you will be bound by the Auction House’s terms and conditions of sale, a copy of which will be provided in the Auction House’s listing information for any Property. You further agree to pay all fees to the Auction House according to the Auction House’s terms and conditions of sale. Each Auction House may charge a buyer's premium (which is an additional fee that a winning bidder is required to pay above the auction price) as well as shipping, handling, and other fees. These fees are subject to change depending upon the Auction House and the particular item for sale and are set by the Auction House.
- LiveAuctioneers provides you the ability to pay Auction Houses through: (i) third-party payment processors, (ii) LiveAuctioneers invoicing; (iii) Credit and Debit Card Payments and Pre-Authorization; and (iv) ACH Payments. By using a third-party service, you may also be subject to an agreement with the third party. You hereby authorize LiveAuctioneers to, without further notice to you, charge any credit or debit card that you maintain on file with LiveAuctioneers in connection with any fees you owe, or to otherwise automatically debit any account which you maintain on file with LiveAuctioneers. If you utilize a credit or debit card to make payment for any fees you owe, LiveAuctioneers or its agent may request preauthorization for a card transaction for validation purposes and/or to ensure there are sufficient funds available in your account. You acknowledge and agree that all payments shall be subject to LiveAuctioneers Payment Terms and Conditions. By using a third-party service, you may also be subject to an agreement with the third party. You acknowledge and agree that all payments shall be subject to LiveAuctioneers Live.Payment Payment Terms and Conditions. LiveAuctioneers may require you to separately register for the Live.Payments services.
- LiveAuctioneers provides you the ability to pay Auction Houses through: (i) third-party payment processors, (ii) LiveAuctioneers invoicing; (iii) Credit and Debit Card Payments and Pre-Authorization; and (iv) ACH Payments. Please see the Live.Payments Terms and Conditions that describe payments options and obligations in more detail. You acknowledge and agree that all payments shall be subject to LiveAuctioneers Payment Terms and Conditions. LiveAuctioneers may require you to separately register for the Live.Payments services.
10. TCPA Consent & PrivacyYou hereby expressly authorize LiveAuctioneers, its agents, representatives, and/or affiliates to transmit information to you via SMS message (including text message), email, and/or phone concerning training sessions, auction results, promotional offers, and other matters about your account, as well as products or services in which you may be interested, at such telephone number or electronic address provided by you. LiveAuctioneers may contact you in any manner, including SMS messages (including text messages), email, calls using pre-recorded messages or artificial voice, and calls and messages delivered using an auto telephone dialing system or automatic texting system. You certify, warrant and represents that the telephone number(s) and electronic address(es) provided to LiveAuctioneers is/are your current telephone number(s) and electronic address(es) and that you are permitted to receive calls, SMS messages (including text messages), and emails via the same. You understand that additional carrier charges may apply for SMS/text messages, as determined by your cell phone plan. You agree to promptly notify LiveAuctioneers whenever you stop using a particular telephone number or electronic address. You also acknowledge that LiveAuctioneers may listen to and/or record phone calls between you and LiveAuctioneers without notice to you, as, and when, permitted by applicable law. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, you understand that you are not required to provide this authorization as a condition to utilizing the products and services offered by LiveAuctioneers, and further, that you may revoke this authorization, at any time, in a writing properly delivered to LiveAuctioneers. For additional information concerning the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), please visit https://www.fcc.gov/general/telemarketing-and-robocalls.
12. Confidential Information
- "Confidential Information" is defined as any confidential or proprietary information of LiveAuctioneers and its suppliers , and any other material disclosed to you by LiveAuctioneers in a writing marked "confidential" or disclosing information that a reasonable person would recognize as confidential business information, or if disclosed orally, identified as confidential at the time of such disclosure. You will hold LiveAuctioneers' Confidential Information in confidence and will not disclose such Confidential Information to third parties nor use LiveAuctioneers' Confidential Information for any purpose other than as required to perform your obligations under this Agreement. Such restrictions will not apply to Confidential Information which (a) is known by you before the date of disclosure, (b) becomes, through no act or fault of the recipient, publicly known, (c) is received by you from a third party without a restriction on disclosure or use, or (d) is independently developed by you without reference to the Confidential Information.
- If you are required or compelled by law or court order to make any disclosure of Confidential Information, you shall provide LiveAuctioneers with prompt written notice of such requirement before such disclosure (to the extent permitted by law) so that LiveAuctioneers may seek a protective order or other appropriate relief. Subject to the foregoing, you may furnish that portion (and only that portion) of the Confidential Information that it is legally compelled or otherwise legally required to disclose.
13. Intellectual Property/Restrictions on UseThe Services and the Site are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and other countries. Nothing in this Agreement gives you a right to use the LiveAuctioneers name or any of the LiveAuctioneers Marks or other proprietary rights. All right, title, and interest in and to the Services and the Site, including all intellectual property rights, are and will remain owned exclusively by LiveAuctioneers and its licensors. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding LiveAuctioneers, the Services, or the Site is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you. We reserve all rights concerning the design and content of our Site. In particular, you may not misappropriate the design or content of our sites and you may not alter or deface such design or content in any way. Nothing on our websites grants any license with respect to such design or content. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, graphics, articles, and other materials on our sites are protected by the United States and foreign copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. In particular, all trademarks, service marks, trade names, and logos displayed on our sites are proprietary to LiveAuctioneers, its affiliates, or third-party owners and our websites grant no license thereto. You acknowledge that you have read, and will at all times comply with LiveAuctioneers' Intellectual Property statement. All text, images, articles, photographs, illustrations, audio, graphics, graphs, information, links, videos or video clips, and other materials or arrangements of materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Site or available through the Services are provided for your informational purposes only. You are responsible for your use of the Service and for any information you provide, including compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations. You should only provide information that you are authorized to share.
14. IndemnityYou agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless LiveAuctioneers, its shareholders, members, partners, officers, directors, employees, agents, parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint venturers, successors and assigns, and any Auction House, from, and against, any and all causes of action, suits, claims, demands, judgments, liabilities, losses, damages, awards, penalties, fines, costs and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney's fees), arising out of, relating to, or resulting from: (i) any claim of ownership, right to possession, or quality of any of the Property offered or sold by an Auction House; (ii) any actual or alleged breach by you of any promise, covenant, obligation, representation or warranty set forth in this Agreement; (iii) your actual or alleged unlawful actions or conduct, or actual or alleged violation of applicable law, regulation, or the rights of any third party; (iv) any attempted or actual rescission of a purchase made by you or a sale made by an Auction House; (v) the alleged negligence or misuse of the live bidding technology; and (vi) any agreement between you and an Auction House. The foregoing provision shall apply regardless of whether the individual/entity asserting the claim, action, damages, etc. is ultimately able to substantiate the said claim, action, damages, etc.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIESYOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LIVEAUCTIONEERS SITE, THE ONLINE SERVICE, THE LIVEAUCTIONEERS SERVICES, LIVE AUCTIONS, AND ANY OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED BY LIVEAUCTIONEERS OR LIVEAUCTIONEERS' AFFILIATES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. LIVEAUCTIONEERS DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE LIVE AUCTIONS, THE LIVEAUCTIONEERS SITE OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE LIVE AUCTION, THE LIVEAUCTIONEERS SITE OR ANY SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST. IN SUCH EVENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SUCH LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. LIVEAUCTIONEERS FURTHER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR: (I) THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, SECURITY OR RELIABILITY OF THE SERVICE OR THE SITE; (II) ANY HARM TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER HARM THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE SITE; (III) THE DELETION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE OR TO TRANSMIT, ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, IN ANY FORMAT OR FORM, MAINTAINED BY THE SERVICE; AND (IV) WHETHER THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. THE SERVICE MAY BE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE FROM TIME TO TIME FOR MAINTENANCE OR OTHER REASONS. LIVEAUCTIONEERS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS OR OTHER PROBLEMS OF TELEPHONE NETWORKS OR SERVICES, COMPUTER SYSTEMS, MOBILE PHONE EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR EMAIL, INCLUDING TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY SITE OR COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING INJURY OR DAMAGE TO A USER'S OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON'S COMPUTER, MOBILE PHONE, OR OTHER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM USING OR DOWNLOADING CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS OR INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM OR ON BEHALF OF LIVEAUCTIONEERS OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR SITE, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION NOT EXPRESSLY MADE IN THIS AGREEMENT.TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT APPLY TO ANY AND ALL DAMAGES OR INJURY WHATSOEVER CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO USE OR ACCESS OF, OR INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THE SERVICE UNDER ANY CAUSE OR ACTION WHATSOEVER OF ANY JURISDICTION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTIONS FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE).
16. Limitation of LiabilityTO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LIVEAUCTIONEERS, ITS SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, PARTNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, JOINT VENTURERS, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE, DELAYS IN TRAINING, OR MALFUNCTION, LOST PROFITS, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST OPPORTUNITY), OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY), EVEN IF LIVEAUCTIONEERS HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.IN THE EVENT THAT THE FOREGOING EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, AND A DETERMINATION IS MADE THAT LIVEAUCTIONEERS IS LIABLE, THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF LIVEAUCTIONEERS' LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, COST, CLAIM, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, THIS AGREEMENT, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE-HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00) OR THE AMOUNT OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU TO LIVEAUCTIONEERS DURING THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LOSS, COST, CLAIM OR DAMAGES.
17. NoticesAny notice, demand, request or other communication which you may desire or be required to give to LiveAuctioneers hereunder shall be in writing and shall be given by certified mail, return receipt requested (with postage prepaid), or by Federal Express or other similar overnight delivery services (with fees prepaid), to LiveAuctioneers, 10 E 38th St, Floor 4, New York, NY 10036, or at any other address that we may designate in writing in the future. Any notice, demand, request, or other communication which we may desire or be required to give to you hereunder shall be in writing and shall be given by email to the email address you provided to LiveAuctioneers during the registration process, or by certified mail, return receipt requested (with postage prepaid), or by Federal Express or other similar overnight delivery services (with fees prepaid), to you at the address you provided to LiveAuctioneers during the registration process. All notices given by e-mail shall be deemed given as of 5:00 P.M. eastern standard time on the business day following the day of transmission. All notices given by mail shall be deemed to have been given three (3) business days after mailing and all notices delivered by overnight delivery service shall be deemed given when delivered.
18. Force MajeureNo party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing any obligation under the Terms that is due to a Force Majeure event, such as Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, an act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service, plague, epidemic, pandemic, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis, including quarantine, employee restrictions, and related measures of any governmental authority. If a Force Majeure event occurs, the affected party will notify the other party and make commercially reasonable efforts to mitigate the adverse effects of the Force Majeure event on the performance of the Terms. However, this provision does not excuse your obligation to pay for services received.
19. ArbitrationIf a dispute, controversy, claim or cause of action arises out of, or in connection with, the Terms or any breach or alleged breach thereof (the "Dispute"), and if the Dispute cannot be settled through direct discussions, we mutually agree to endeavor first to settle the Dispute by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Procedures then in effect (or under any other form of mediation mutually acceptable to the parties involved) before resorting to arbitration. Any unresolved controversy or claim relating to the Dispute shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules then in effect (or under any other form of arbitration mutually acceptable to the parties involved), and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. If all parties to the Dispute agree, a mediator involved in the parties' mediation may be asked to serve as the arbitrator. The mediation and arbitration, if any, shall take place in the City, State, and County of New York (unless another location is mutually agreed to by the parties involved). Any award rendered shall be final and conclusive upon the parties. The costs and expenses of the mediation and arbitration shall be borne equally by the parties, provided, however, that the arbitrator shall award to the prevailing party, if any, the reasonable costs and attorneys' fees incurred by the prevailing party in connection with the mediation and arbitration. If the arbitrator determines that a party was the prevailing party on some but not all of the claims and counterclaims, the arbitrator may award the prevailing party an appropriate percentage of the reasonable costs and attorneys' fees incurred by the prevailing party in connection with the mediation and arbitration. In the event this mediation/arbitration provision is found to be completely unenforceable or inapplicable for any reason, then any dispute, controversy, claim or cause of action arising out of, or in connection with, the Terms or any breach or alleged breach thereof, shall be brought in the state or federal courts in the City, State, and County of New York, and you irrevocably consent and submit to the jurisdiction of such courts to litigate any such action and waive trial by jury. The prevailing party in such action shall be entitled to recover its reasonable costs and attorneys' fees incurred in connection therewith, and if it is determined that a party was the prevailing party on some but not all of the claims and counterclaims, such party may be awarded an appropriate percentage of the reasonable costs and attorneys' fees it incurred in connection therewith.
- This Agreement (and all documents and exhibits incorporated by reference herein), constitutes and sets forth the entire agreement and understanding of the parties about the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements, understandings, undertakings, negotiations, promises, discussions, warranties or covenants that are not specifically contained herein. In the event of an inconsistency between the terms of this Agreement and any other document which forms a part of this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement will govern.
- The headings, sections, or titles of the various paragraphs of this Agreement are inserted merely for convenience and do not expressly or by implication or intention, limit, define, extend or affect the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement or the specific terms or text of the section so designated. All personal pronouns used in this Agreement shall include the other genders, whether used in the masculine, feminine or neuter gender, and the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, whenever, and as often as may be, appropriate.
- This Agreement shall be governed in all respects, whether as to the validity, construction, interpretation, capacity, performance, or otherwise, by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. It is expressly understood and agreed that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods ("CISG") shall not govern or apply to this Agreement, and the parties hereby exclude the application of the CISG.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision shall be deemed stricken here from and the remainder of this Agreement shall remain at all times in full force and effect. Such invalid or enforceable provision shall, to the extent legally permitted, be replaced by a valid and enforceable provision that comes closest to the parties' intent underlying the invalid or unenforceable provision.
- It is understood that any accrued but unpaid financial obligations, and any other terms related to such financial obligations, shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
- No waiver of any breach, privilege, or provision of this Agreement will be construed as a waiver of any rights or remedies arising from any other or future breach, privilege, or provision.
- You will not assign or transfer this Agreement, or any of its rights and obligations hereunder, without LiveAuctioneers' prior written consent. Any attempted assignment or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. However, LiveAuctioneers may, in its sole discretion, assign or otherwise transfer its obligations under this Agreement to a third party.
- The rights and obligations under Sections 1, 2, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, and 21, will survive the termination or expiration of this Agreement, as well as any other rights or obligations that by their nature are intended to survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
21. Amendments and Future TermsLiveAuctioneers may amend, modify, add, supplement, or remove any of these terms and conditions at any time, and from time to time. If we do so, we will post such changes on this page. IF ANY FUTURE CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE UNACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOU SHOULD DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICES. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICES NOW, OR FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF ANY SUCH CHANGES, WILL INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT, AND OF ANY SUCH CHANGES.
BACK TO TOP